Join MEA for the latest industry updates at the 2022 National Industry Briefing Sessions.
MEA CEO Malcolm Richards will discuss industry charge out rate trends, plus changes to the Wiring Rules and safety compliance issues impacting our industry. The agenda will include:
AS/NZS 4836:2022 Update (Safe working on or near low-voltage electrical installations and equipment ) has been released for public comment. The standard has been totally rewritten to provide greater detail and clarity.
- Learn about how the proposed changes to the standard will affect your business
- Understand the defined level of PPE and risk
- How the risk level applies new PPE requirements to arc flash hazards (Arc fault/arc flash section has been significantly expanded)
Industry charge out rate trends
MEA surveyed hundreds of electrical contractors across Australia, and the results are in! We’ll share a deep dive of the results and what they say about trends in charge out rates nationally.
AS/NZS 5033 Update
- AS/NZS 5033 revision
- We’ll discuss the changes and what they mean for contractors
- What Regulators are focussing on, and how to remain compliant
- Implications if you breach the regulations
This is a free, industry wide briefing session – open to all electrical contractors across Australia. Pre-registration is required as sessions will be catered.
Date: Tuesday 30 August 2022
Venue: The Last Drop Beeliar – 103 Hammond Road, Cockburn Central 6164
Time: 5.30pm to 8.00pm
Cost: Free for all attendees
Car parking: Available at the venue, and nearby.