On behalf of its members and their staff, Master Electricians Australia (MEA) sought information from political candidates and parties regarding vital industry issues ahead of the South Australian State Election.
We asked parties and independent candidates questions Master Electricians had told us were the issues in the industry that mattered to them.
The issues we asked politicians about:
- Mandatory installation of safety switches on all circuits
- Occupational Licensing – Automatic Mutual Recognition (AMR)
- Skills – Electrotechnology’s importance to the Australian economy
- Distributed Energy Resources (DER)
- Power of Choice Metering (POC) – Delivering on the promise of “choice” and “efficiency”
- Harmonised Security of Payments Framework – Delivering on the Murray Review
- Return to Business as Usual
- Politician’s responses
Download MEA’s full SA election priorities.